The DIM ELICIT will fund two types of scientific projects:
- « P + B » Technologies and innovative methods Co-development This type of project will imply one team with an expertise in Physical Technologies and one with an expertise in Biology who will work together at setting an innovative/disruptive technology which will benefit Life Science community.
- « P + nB » New technology spreading/New applications This type of project will imply one team with an expertise in Physical Technologies who will set up or purchase an innovative instrument for several teams with an expertise in Biology. The “P + nB” projects have been designed to support the establishment of competitive technologic platforms and to introduce relevant prototypes in biological research environments.
The Call 2018 aim at supporting interdisciplinary collaborative research projects:
- first applications of new technologies or innovative instruments for Biology;
- implementation of disruptive technologies in Biology, the disruptive criteria being assessed regarding the impact and the transformative nature;
- integration in the SME and industrial value-added chain, in particular in Ile-de-France, in the area of Technologies for Life Sciences (including start-ups creation).
The research projects will have to be in line with the thematic axis mentioned bellow. Core technologies are :
- Biophotonics and waves
- Image analysis and Big Data
End-user applications are:
- Single Cell / Single Molecule
- Technologies for in vivo Biology
- High Tech – Low cost technologies: dissemination in underprivileged environment.
Projects selection will be set up by the DIM ELICIT steering committee and rely on external evaluations in October. Results will be announced in November.
Every team from the region Ile de France, can apply with a project in line with the aims, positioning and thematic axes of the DIM. Applications have to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will acknowledge the receipt of all the applications within a week.
Projects need to be written in English.
A researcher can only apply for one project within the framework of this call.
A start-up/company can be associated to the project but will not have access to funds. Projects that have been submitted to the first call of 2018 are not be eligible for this call but the applicants can apply with a different project.
Equipment purchase will have to start before the 31st of February 2019.
Funds from the DIM ELICIT cannot be added to any other funds coming from the Region Ile de France.
- Application form
- List of equipment to purchase
Selected projects are partly or totally funds on equipment purchase (max 66%) with a maximal amount of 300k€ for a total of 450 k€.
Full description of the call can be downloaded by clicking here.